oh bloody hell now what do I do, I’ve been nominated for a blog award and whilst I’m very grateful to MarantoPhotography for nominating me to receive the One Lovely Blog award I’ve always felt these sorts of awards to be one step short of being chain letters.
Here’s some recognition now you have to think of fifteen other people to nominate for this same reward.
Well I’ve spent my life being pretty anti-establishment so I’m going to thank Maranto Photography as I know her intentions were pure and instead of nominating anyone else I’ll just mention a couple of blogs that I regularly visit and enjoy in the hope that some of you too will find pleasure in them.
I stress that there is no pressure or obligation on their part to respond, I just enjoy their Blogs.
In no particular order.
Bassas Blog the diary and adventures of a Caucasian Shepherd Dog
Yoonanimous the often hilarious misadventures of Yoona a mother of two young boys.
2Summers the adventures of Heather an American (don’t hold that against her) expat making a new life in Jo’Burg, her tale is often heartbreaking but always told with good humour and warmth.
Crappy Pictures The woman is a genius, she draws my life and makes me giggle.
Japan Camera Hunter I check in on Bellamy and his eclectic mix of camera porn on a daily basis, just to remind myself of all that I can’t afford. His regular in your bag feature is a particular favourite.
now I’m supposed to list seven things about myself, see I told you this whole thing was a bit chain letter like didn’t I, still at least it’s not lying to me about poor billy who’s been dying of leukemia since 1984 while his Nambabwean uncle is trying to get out of the military and would like to deposit millions into my bank account if I could just send them the details.
- I can’t grow a beard, I just get patchy stubble which is ginger, blonde and greying, I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t have to shave but I do so it irks me.
- My eyes creep me out and I gag if I try to put contact lenses or drops in, this is ok because I don’t mind glasses.
- I’ve just noticed that I’m wearing a lilac shirt and am not actually all that embarrassed, I guess you reach a certain age and just don’t care anymore.
- I won the National Schools Wildlife Quiz when growing up in Zimbabwe (a bit like mastermind for kids)
- I have a weakness for all things mechanical but especially watches.
- I spent six months of my life living like a hippy on a Kibbutz in Israel.
- I own a gas braai (barbecue) and prefer it. I should probably qualify this before my family disown me, charcoal in Britain is invariably soaked in paraffin and makes your food taste crap, proper hardwood is unavailable.
That’ll have to satisfy your cravings for knowledge about me.
Having my stitches removed this afternoon, it can’t happen any sooner, as they’re starting to itch and pull now.
have a great weekend and
Mr Bunny Chow